Well hello there,
my it's been a long longgggg time,
and how am I doin?
Oh I guess that I'm doin fine,
it's been so long now,
but it seems now,
that it was only yesterday,
gee ain't it funny, how time slips away.....
- Willie Nelson
Well hello everyone! How are things? It really has been quite sometime, but I guess I have procrastinated enough, it's time to update.
1. The biggest news...... I'm no longer sleeping on a futon! I've got a new apartment that is literally within spitting distance to work! (Well not really spitting distance but it's a two minute walk) It's pretty awesome I actually feel like I live here and am not just visiting on a long trip. I'm greatful to the Perks who let me stay on his futon, but I really can't tell you guys how nice it is to have your own room, your own sanctuary you can retreat to. I really didn't realize how nice it was until I didn't have one. I also went out and bought a bed. A nice new bed. I don't know if I've ever had a new bed (maybe when i was little but I don't remember shit like that) Thats another thing that you really take for granted until you don't have one, I was thinking about it the other day and I went almost two whole months sleeping on a futon and an air mattress, those are nights that I won't miss.
2. Work- Work has been great. I'm really starting to pick things up and starting to be able to function on my own and stop asking my podmate so many damn questions. (Taylor there's a reason why I voted for you for support member of the month, I'm glad you got it!) Work of course has it's ups and downs, and it's funny how a great day can turn to shit with just one phone call, but I'm learning to deal with those in stride, it's not easy but I'm working on it. I'm excited to say that I'm making friends at work, not just aquaintences but actual friends. People I can call up to go out and grab a beer, or go shredding with and that was one of my major concerns coming up here. Not being from here moving up with only one person that I know was a concern of mine, but everything has been going great so far. We've got our annual christmas party coming up on friday, I've heard nothing but awesome things about it, so I'm excited. I hope I can find something awesomely festive to wear.
3. Everything else- Everything has been pretty great so far, I really can't complain. There are stupid little things that bother me everyonce in a while, but whatever most of it is childish drama, and I moved out of Connecticut to get away from that shit. I refuse to let stupid people and their stupidness bring me down, and they can talk all the shit they want, when you wanna man up and grow a pair of balls to say something to my face just let me know, until then you can fuck off. Whew! That was rather negative but it had to be said. I really haven't had any great adventures as of late, I haven't been going out and partying that much so nothing awesome to report but I've been enjoying myself to say the least.
Things I'm pumped on right now
1. Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson VH1 storytellers album- My god this is one of the best albums I have ever heard. Two amazing musicians live with their guitars, their best songs, and the stories behind them. I encourage all of you to give it a good listen through, I promise you that you'll find at least one song on there you can appreciate. I know my podmates, especially Katie are probably getting sick of me singing along to it, but it's awesome and so am i.
2. Snow- Finally! I mean shit it only took till December 9th for it to actually snow. Last year I rode Killington on November 11th, this year I didn't get to ride Stowe until the 5th of December which was opening day. I would like to add I got the fifth chair on opening day, I would have gotten the first I like to think if I didn't get stuck behind some old lady doing 30 miles an hour at 6:30 in the morning, but whatever, I got to shred some fresh and thats all that counts. Another epic weekend of riding starts Saturday morning at 7:30. I hope to see some of you out there this weekend, riding solo while fun gets boring quick.
3. Life- My quality of life has vastly improved over the past three months. I went from being a miserable prick who hated pretty much every aspect of his life and bitched about it daily to someone who can honestly say they are truly happy. I like my job, I don't mind getting up and going to work. I've got a great new apartment, a pretty cool new roomate, a new bed, a season pass to stowe and some great new people in my life. I really couldn't ask for more. I'm happy! All the negativity is pretty much gone, I've made tremendous strides in becoming a happier person and am greatful for all the opportunities that have been afforded to me so far.
And like usual here are some pictures:
Lebo wearing Grout's pants, all mac'd out
In the clouds
Another sunset on the lake
I live in a van down by the river, I have candy, do you want some? What a creeper...
Opening day at stowe: Wish I took more pics but the batteries died
One of my favorite songs of all time, RIP Johnny.