Friday, October 9, 2009

Broken Teeth and Broken Hearts

It's amazing how many of you guys are giving me shit for not updating this more often. You do have to realize that not every single day of my life up here is worthy of writing shit about. That being said, when I do update I will post it on facebook so if want to read it you can. On that note, things are going to have to be on a PG basis, since my mom is now following this blog. So the boob and vagina talk and regular male debauchery is going to have to be at a minimum. (Maybe I'll block her from reading this lol) Also don't hate on my spelling, my overly ambitious use of commas or any other shit that is annoying, no one likes a grammar whore.

Anyways lets see whats been going on.

1. My tooth is still broken, however I went to the dentist. They informed me that I need to have all my wisdom teeth out, then with the broken tooth I have to have a root canal (1000 bucks) and then have the tooth capped (1000 bucks again) and possibly crowned. I have no idea what that means but I bet it's going to be another fucking thousand dollars. When asking the dentist if I could just have it pulled out he gave me some bullshit excuse (his eyes were wide with images of dollar bills) and basically told me no. I've always been a firm believer if something fucks up, replace it, don't rebuild it, destroy it and replace it with something more awesome. Fuck I wish it was a front tooth because I always wanted a gold tooth. Ask my moms about that, she'll tell you I've wanted one since like second grade.

2. Jeremy gets married this weekend. I can't believe it. I can honestly say that he is probably the closest friend I have ever had. We went though our ups and downs, but in the end our friendship persevered. He is getting married to a beautiful girl, who will keep his ass in line and I couldn't be more happy for the both of them. Tomorrow I get to wake up at 8 am on a fucking SATURDAY and drive three hours from Burlington to Boston, yet I'm not even mad because I will be participating in an event that means the world to a person that I truly care about. Since were were kids taking our bicycle helmets off when we got two blocks away from our houses (because i don't care how old you are, bicycle helmets make you look like a fucking dipshit) to drinking beers and eating wings at our favorite dive bar New West. I don't even know if you read this shit, but honestly bro I couldn't be happier for you, I wish you all the best on the new life you are starting.

3. There are plenty other things that need to be updated but I don't feel like thinking about them so I'm going to talk about some other shit.



*edited because this is no longer relevant, don't like it fuck off*


Well how do I follow that shit show up?

With another shit show of course.

So yesterday night a mutual friend of ours little sister paid us a visit. It was clear a night of on the town boozing was going down before she even got here. So I went about my daily routine of work/gym and got in my car and drove home. On the way I was sitting at the light in front of Burlington High School and I almost shit my pants, like seriously came close, not very relevant but I thought I maybe people who have been stuck at a traffic light in similar situations could appreciate it. Well I get in run up the stairs right past Perks and our guest and well, lets just say this is a quiet house, and my first impression more than likely wasn't a good one. As I hobbled down the stairs (more on that to come) I was greeted by a pretty face (not Matt) and then was promptly bitched at for taking so long because we were supposed to be ordering pizza. I declined on the pizza and said I wasn't going out because I was tired, but after our guest told me not to be a baby and come out next thing I knew I was getting dressed. We started off by drinking Longtrails at the house, and I must say, I have found my new favorite beer. To all you guys who buy the same beer when you hit the packy, try something different, try a nice Vermont Ale, something like Magic Hat #9 (made locally here in Burlington) a Longtrail (nice darker beer that has a good flavor to it) or even a Switchback (someone described these as have a nut like flavor, and I refuse to drink one since, but if you like nuts, try it.) you won't be disappointed. Well next thing I know Josh is dropping us off downtown (he had court in the morning, because he's a superstar court dude who solves cases without a sidekick) and the fun began.

The things I remember: No one at RiRah's and our guest ordering a water lol. Going to RJ's and seeing work people who I don't even know shout out the name of our company and high five me (apparently I have more friends up here than I know about) and then Perks taking me to some underground dungeon lair where there were techno kids swinging glowsticks and girls who looked like they were still in highschool, apparently it's one of the two clubs downtown, and I promptly turned tail and got the fuck outta there. Fuck that place it was stupid. Then I remember wanting to go home but not being able to find a cab (I think i was standing in an alleyway at that point) and then having a 20 minute conversation with a bicycle that was chained up to a stop sign, something about liberating it from it's shackles and riding the shit out of it home, but Perks found me before I could commit my first crime in Vermont. (Bike theft is actually happens all the time up here, people ride their bikes everywhere) Then I remember buying a fucking six dollar sausage, which I most def remembered this morning when I woke up and that was the only thing I could taste. This guy really has a racket going on out there at his little cart, nothing smells better when escaping underground dungeons than a six dollar sausage. That shit smelled so good I more than likely would have paid whatever he asked for. And I'm sure I'll get some gay "You love sausage" comments, but really guys c'mon were old enough to see past those jokes.................... well maybe one or two are tolerable.


Lets see, what else......... well theres work. Work is pretty sweet, I was actually on the phones full time today, and nothing says you haven't learned shit in the past two weeks of training than struggling with an client based issue, but fuck man this is pretty fun. Once I get over that huge learning hump, I'm going to be tearing up these tickets on the daily, now I just need to retain the shit I am learning on a per minute basis and I'll be good. It's honestly crazy the work environment up here. People are encouraged to dress casual, which in most places means that oh hey maybe I'll wear a pair of jeans to work today, well here people wear whatever they want, slippers, aprons, t shirts, jeans, sandals, trenchcoats, whatever floats your boat do it. Pretty nice from having to wear a uniform everyday to being able to wear whatever the hell I want. I am so super pumped to have landed this job, and I am going to do my best to become the best that I can at it. It's pretty helpful when the people you work with are all easy going and sarcastic. They'll laugh when you make a mistake, tell you not to sweat it, then ridicule the shit out of you, but in a nice way. It really is an excellent environment, and if you want a new start on things, a fresh start on life I would encourage any and all of you to think about making the move that I did. It's been awesome so far.

So I wrote a lot of shit today, but it's been shit I've thought about a lot lately, and shit that is relevant to my life. So if you are going to complain, bitch or be negative, feel free to jump off a cliff. I have to say Vermont so far has impressed me with it's people, everyone up here seems to skip to a different beat, people go out of their way to hold doors open for you, say please and thank you, people even smile at you in the streets. It's a great place to be and I'm happy to be here. I think it's the first step in the right direction, and it was the answer to the questions I've been asking myself for quite some time. That being said I do miss the few friends I had in CT that I kept close to, I miss my mom, and if you are reading this mom I love you and if I seem annoyed or short with you lately it's just by the time I talk to you at the end of the day I'm mentally shot, so if I have to think about something chances are my brain hurts, but thank you for all the support, I miss you and love you.

Heres a few pictures that will sum up what I wrote down



Long Trial Brewing Co. Get you some!


Burlington, Vermont thats Mount Mansfield in the background, biggest mountain in Vermont, home to Stowe ski resort, where I have my season pass to. Fuck yeah.


Me and Germ, soon to be a married man!


The best of times, Isn't she lovely?



In closing, never take for granted what you have, because you really don't realize what you haven until it's gone. A good friend of mine Murbs once said, "If your life sucks, you suck" that right there should be motivation to make yourself a better life.

1 comment:

  1. Our dentist offer treatment on broken tooth in Burlington and even provide various dentistry services to the patients suffering from pain and swelling.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?